The right of privacy, particularly the right of personal data protection, is one of the fundamental principles of Fundación Jesús Serra and Grupo Catalana Occidente.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Fundación Jesús Serra was born in 2006 for the purpose of channelling the institution’s philanthropic initiatives and fostering the human and professional values that characterised the founder of Grupo Catalana Occidente, Jesús Serra Santamans, from whom the foundation receives its name.
It currently launches projects related to research, teaching, solidarity, sport, music and poetry. This way, we try to contribute to building a fairer, more caring and more developed society in which values such as having initiative, effort, and ongoing improvement predominate.
Fundación Jesús Serra acts as a link between the different companies that integrate Grupo Catalana Occidente. Therefore, one of our objectives is to construct a common culture, encouraging the employees and mediators comprising the Group to get together and participate in the different programmes and events.
Who is the data protection supervisory authority?
The supervisory authority is the Spanish Data Protection Agency, with headquarters in Madrid (28001), Calle Jorge Juan, nº 6, to whom you may submit queries and/or complaints regarding this matter, should you consider that your data protection rights and freedom have not been duly taken care of by Fundación Jesús Serra. For more information, go to the following website: https://www.agpd.es.
What personal data is object of processing?
Any personal data collected directly or through our websites or online forms used to register in our activities, including the documents containing them. The data collected will be those exclusively required to carry out the activities and projects that take place during a specific period and that are organised by Fundación Jesús Serra.
If the personal data is provided by a person other than the holder, it shall be the provider’s obligation to previously communicate this information to the holder of the personal data, as well as to obtain his consent, when required, so Fundación Jesús Serra can process this data.
How are the personal data of minors processed?
The personal data of minors shall only be processed when the parents or legal guardians have provided their consent or authorisation for the processing required solely and exclusively to execute the corresponding activity or project in which the participant has registered.
Which are the purposes of processing your personal data?
- (i) Main purpose:
The main purpose of processing personal data, prior voluntary registration, is to manage the participation in the activities and projects promoted by Fundación Jesús Serra, as well as to disseminate and inform about the details of these activities and projects in which the participant has registered voluntarily, and to comply with the obligations established in the regulations applicable to the data controlling entity Fundación Jesús Serra at any given time.
- (ii) Other purposes:
Personal data will be object of processing for the purpose of informing and selecting future activities related to projects in which the participant had registered previously:
Likewise, with respect to the information collected from contact forms and/or telephone numbers provided to you to contact Fundación Jesús Serra and/or external agencies that collaborate in organising activities, we will process your data to: (i) attend to and manage applications, enquiries and requests made through the telephone numbers and addresses facilitated for this purpose; (ii) attend to and manage suggestions, complaints and other queries made using the corresponding form.
What is the legitimation of the processing of personal data?
The legitimation of the aforementioned processing for the main purpose established above is based on the carrying out of activities and projects organised by Fundación Jesús Serra, which is the controlling data entity.
Any processing for the other purposes mentioned above has legal grounds in the applicable regulation or the legitimate interest of Fundación Jesús Serra.
Lastly, the processing of personal data for advertising purposes is legitimised, where applicable, by express consent.
For how long will we hold on to your personal data?
The personal data will be held during the time it takes to organise the activity or project in which the participant has registered or while there is no express opposition by the participant, and they shall be made available to the Courts, Public Prosecutor, State Security Forces and/or competent Public Administrations, particularly the competent personal data supervisory authorities and the corresponding supervisory bodies, for the attention of the potential legal or contractual responsibilities arising from the contract or service in which the processing was based and during the limitation period of thereof.
To which recipients will your personal data be communicated?
- i. Entities contracted by Fundación Jesús Serra:
The participant’s personal data and any information arising thereof or linked to their participation in activities or projects organised by Fundación Jesús Serra may be communicated to the agencies contracted by it to organise, manage, execute and carry out its activities and projects.
We also inform you that the agencies contracted for this purpose by Fundación Jesús Serra can provide the following services:
1. services to manage sports projects and activities and the registered participants, manage websites and registration forms, and manage payments.
2. services to disseminate activities and projects through press releases.
3. services to manage social networks and images.
4. services to manage databases, diffuse calls in specialised centres, manage institutional relations, and manage events and contracts.
5. services provided in the IT field:
(i) data hosting, (ii) maintenance and management of systems, communications and IT equipment, (iii) information security, (iv) application development and maintenance, (v) service for developing registration forms, and (vi) document management;
- ii. Official bodies and authorities:
Personal data will be given to all those recipients for whom such information must be disclosed in compliance with legal obligations, including, but not limited to, competent public bodies and administrations, such as the Spanish Tax Administration Agency or regional tax authorities, personal data protection control authorities, courts and tribunals, the corresponding supervisory bodies, the Public Prosecutor’s Office and/or State security forces and bodies.
What are your rights when you provide your personal data?
As holder of your personal data, you are entitled to the rights set out below, which you may exercise by proving your identity via the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- (i) Right of access.- You have the right to request information about the personal data held by Fundación Jesús Serra about you and about their processing, as well as obtain a copy thereof in a structured, common use and easy-reading format.
- (ii) Right of rectification.- You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data and also ask to complete any personal data that is incomplete, even via an additional declaration.
- (iii) Right of deletion.- You have the right to request the removal of your personal data when the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected by the data controlling entity Fundación Jesús Serra or when you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based. Such a request shall not be applicable when processing is required on the grounds of what is stipulated in the paragraph “legitimation of the processing of personal data”.
If you exercise your Right to be forgotten within the digital scope of Fundación Jesús Serra, the corresponding Entity shall contact the internet service provider to transmit the data subject’s request relating to the cessation of your personal data processing, taking into account the available technology and the cost of its application. In this case they shall only be held by Controller to draw up, exercise or defend claims. The request shall not be applicable when the processing is required on the basis of the provisions included in the section “legitimation of the processing of your personal data”, whether the processing is required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information or on grounds of public interest.
- (iv) Right of opposition.- You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data, except if there are grounds for a legitimate interest of Fundación Jesús Serra to continue processing the personal data, in which case it will only be held by the Controller to draw up, exercise or defend claims. The processing of personal data for commercial or advertising purposes shall not be considered legitimate and therefore the right to object shall be deemed equivalent to the withdrawal of given prior consent. Such a request shall not be applicable when processing is required on the grounds of what is stipulated in the paragraph “legitimation of the processing of personal data”.
- (v) Right of restriction of the processing.- You have the right to request that your data be restricted from processing, which will involve blocking your data, in the following cases: (i) when you contest the accuracy of the data, (ii) when the Controller opposes the deletion of data due to the processing being legal, (iii) when the Controller no longer needs the data but they are required to draw up, exercise or defend claims or (iv) when you have opposed the processing while the Controller verifies if its legitimate reasons prevail over yours, in this case they shall only be held by Controller to draw up, exercise or defend claims.
- (vi) Right of portability.- When technically possible, you have the right for your personal data object of automated processing to be transferred to another Controller or yourself as a data subject in a structured, common use and easy-reading format without prejudice to your rights of deletion or to be forgotten, in which case they shall only be held by the Controller to draw up, exercise of defend claims.
Any communications and actions performed in the context of exercising your rights shall be free of charge. When the requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, especially when they are of a repetitive nature, the data controlling entity Fundación Jesús Serra may charge a fee according to the expenses borne to fulfil the request.
Confidentiality of personal data
From the first moment it initiates the data processing, the data controlling entity Fundación Jesús Serra shall implement the technical, organisational and security measures necessary, considering the state of technology, to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the personal data, as well as to prevent its unauthorised access, alteration, loss or processing.
We inform you that the computer servers of some Fundación Jesús Serra service providers may be located in countries outside the European Union, where, if the level of privacy protection were not equivalent to the European or national personal data protection regulations, the data controlling entity Fundación Jesús Serra shall adopt the necessary and appropriate measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and the information’s security, according to the available technical means at any given time.
Fundación Jesús Serra reserves the right to apply, at any given time and without prior notice, as many modifications, variations, deletions or cancellations in the content and in the way it is presented as deemed appropriate.